How to install AWStats on a 1and1 shared server. Most of the directions will apply to other servers as well.
If you are only running AWStats from your computer skip this step.
You can skip this page if all your processing will be done on your computer instead of the server.
Since AWStats version 6.8 is the latest (as of Aug 2008) I will be using it as the example.
1. Install awstats-6.8.exe to a directory called awstats in the directory where your website is kept (since awstats will be uploaded to your website). The directory structure will look like this:
awstats docs tools wwwroot cgi-bin classes css icon js
2. In awstats, create a directory called statdata. This is where the
AWStats statistical database will be stored (which is comprised of
several text files.
3. In awstats, create a directory called statlogs. This is where we'll put log files for AWStats to process.
4. Since I view docs locally or at awstats home page, I don't upload docs. I copy the necessary tools to the cgi-bin directory so no reason to upload tools directory either.
5. This is the resulting directory structure, ready to upload:
awstats statdata statlogs wwwroot cgi-bin classes css icon js4. Upload awstats directory to the root (where your home page lives) of your 1and1 server.
Next: Install AWStats Locally